Best of 2021: Halo Infinite, and Alex’s other GOTY picks

Squid

Squid

PG Coin
halo_infinite_1_crop.jpg

If you’d asked me the status of my Halo fandom at the start of 2021, I’d have described myself as a ‘lapsed’ Halo fan. Ask me again now, at the end of the year, and I’m like that guy from that old viral video where he’s singing the Halo theme to some random woman in a parking lot. “You’re a monk!” she exclaims. And yes. I am a monk of killing, precise with a Battle Rifle.

My love of Halo Infinite is split pretty evenly between its campaign and its multiplayer, which has come as a massive surprise. I figured that after experimenting back and forth with various formats in Halo 4 and 5, 343 would stick the landing with Infinite. What’s surprised me is just how well they managed that - and how excellent the campaign is.

As I said in my review - much to the anger of some who don’t understand that five stars doesn’t mean perfection (it means, exceptional, must-play) - Halo Infinite’s campaign isn’t perfect. But it wears its heart on its sleeve, and polishes its most important aspects to a fine sheen. Given the ‘Infinite’ moniker and the age we live in, it seems fair to expect that other elements of the game that aren’t quite there will be buffed out in future updates - but for now, what you have is a tremendously compelling sandbox that you can sink hours into just enjoying the ways the various systems intersect and interact, including Halo’s classically tactical enemy AI on harder difficulties.

Read more

Continue reading...

Most Richest Forum User

Most PG Coin

P
poojanegi
9,243 PG Coin
M
Monaliza
6,872 PG Coin
I
informupdate
5,927 PG Coin
T
Tutorials71
5,735 PG Coin
K
kishoresenthil
4,824 PG Coin
Santhoshzak
Santhoshzak
4,352 PG Coin
E
ellaarthur686
3,824 PG Coin
jaliniris
jaliniris
3,710 PG Coin
kavins
kavins
3,208 PG Coin
AbirSteve
AbirSteve
3,200 PG Coin

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.