Best of 2021: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, and Tom's other GOTY picks

Squid

Squid

PG Coin
ratchet__clank_rift_apart_reveal_screen_4.jpg

I sat and thought about my favourite game of the year, cycling through games like an old fashioned slideshow in my mind - maybe I'd played too much of the Alan Wake remaster. In truth a lot of the slides were blank or at best out of focus; games I played for a bit but bounced off or just didn't find the time to explore properly. That is all the slides except for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (and a couple of others, but that doesn't make this intro as interesting)..

I've finished Rift Apart three times and also watched my son finish it. It's fair to say that I enjoyed it a lot. A lot of this is no doubt down to the fact that Insomniac's game was one of the first proper PS5 games. It wasn't also built for PS4. It was a PS5 game. And it shows.

There have been plenty of great looking games released in 2021, but I don't think any of them can match Ratchet's PS5 debut in terms of delivering that coveted animated movie-like experience. It's such a wonderful game to look at, its environments as colorful as they are diverse, and the explosion-filled combat takes things up another notch. Gorgeous.

Read more

Continue reading...

Most Richest Forum User

Most PG Coin

P
poojanegi
9,243 PG Coin
M
Monaliza
6,872 PG Coin
I
informupdate
5,927 PG Coin
T
Tutorials71
5,735 PG Coin
K
kishoresenthil
4,824 PG Coin
Santhoshzak
Santhoshzak
4,352 PG Coin
E
ellaarthur686
3,824 PG Coin
jaliniris
jaliniris
3,710 PG Coin
kavins
kavins
3,208 PG Coin
AbirSteve
AbirSteve
3,200 PG Coin

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.