Final Fantasy 7 Remake on PC is a basic, bare-bones port - but this game is irresistible on max settings

Squid

Squid

PG Coin
ff7_remake_pc_cloud_1.png

So, the obvious has finally happened. One year after the PS4 release of Final Fantasy 7 Remake we got Intergrade, the PS5 upgrade that also included a bonus chapter. And six months to the day after Intergrade’s release, Sony’s exclusivity grip on this reimagining of a classic was relinquished, the PC version announced. Fast forward a few more days to today, and the PC version of FF7 Remake is now available as an Epic Games Store exclusive. I’ve been playing it early.

What is there to say? Well, for starters, Final Fantasy 7 Remake is one of the very best games of 2020. It’s admirable for a few reasons, chiefly how it handles the legacy of one of the most important games of all time and the fan expectations which come attached as a result. Even more admirable is how, after spending much of the game gingerly carrying those expectations with care, it then roughs them up and throws them out of the window - but also deftly avoids throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Where it leads in sequels could well end up being a real hot mess, but I do think the way FF7 Remake handles itself is something of a masterclass, and far more imaginative than many of the other remakes in the gaming space.

It’s also a great game, though. Its reimagining of FF7’s classic ‘Active Time Battle’ RPG mechanics into a more action-driven, directly-controlled affair is the best Final Fantasy has managed to blend old and new together - and the series has spent much of the past decade flirting with variations on that theme with mixed results. In short, it’s a game well worth playing - and now it’s opened up to a whole new audience on PC.

Read more

Continue reading...

Most Richest Forum User

Most PG Coin

P
poojanegi
9,933 PG Coin
M
Monaliza
6,912 PG Coin
I
informupdate
6,564 PG Coin
T
Tutorials71
5,962 PG Coin
K
kishoresenthil
4,826 PG Coin
Santhoshzak
Santhoshzak
4,352 PG Coin
E
ellaarthur686
3,824 PG Coin
jaliniris
jaliniris
3,710 PG Coin
N
Niazdarold
3,473 PG Coin
kavins
kavins
3,208 PG Coin

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.

Today's birthdays

• lewishjeeny