Intel's next-gen Raptor Lake CPU is 39% faster in Cinebench than the Core i9 12900KF

D

danielkressler

PG Coin
Intel might have recovered the exhibition crown with its Alder Lake (opens in new tab) processors, yet it can't stand to sit on its spikey headware, it needs to continue to push forward. Another benchmark spill suggests that is precisely how it is doing its top-end next-gen Raptor Lake CPU. An engineering sample (ES) of the Intel Core i9 13900K has been accounted for managing up to half execution improvements over the ongoing Core i9 12900K.

These aren't true execution figures, and the chip isn't supposed to drop until pre-winter, yet that hasn't stopped Bilibili user Extreme Player (opens in new tab) from dropping a video showing off the exhibition in various synthetic tests (through Hardware Info (opens in new tab)) alongside power consumption.

Execution was obtained using an engineering sample of the chip, however right now, we'd anticipate that that should be essentially in line with the final released silicon. They've tested using an Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme motherboard alongside 32GB (2x 16GB) of T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-6400 memory.

The Core i9 13900K appears to have several aces at its disposal in comparison to the Core i9 12900KF used for comparison. The first is that has twofold the E-core count of its predecessor, with a 8P + 16E design as opposed to the existing 8P + 8E setup. That means you're looking at a total of 32 threads versus the 24 of today. The core speed of those exhibition cores is also significantly increased at 5.5GHz as opposed to 5.1GHz.

In straight single-core testing, this means you're looking at a 10% or so improvement over the ongoing chip, which makes sense given that 400MHz recurrence delta. Another perspective on is that at the same recurrence the new Raptor Lake designs seem to be on a standard with existing Alder Lake chips in single-strung benchmarks.

It's those additional E-cores that have a significant effect in some tests however, with Cinebench R23 managing a 39% improvement over the 12900K. The 7-Zip benchmark in the interim piled up a 152% increase. Pleasant. A lot of the other benchmarks also see improvements in the 30-40% territory. Sadly for us, games are still intensely dependent on single-core execution, however things are slowly improving on this front.

Assuming that there is a fair warning at this beginning phase it's that the power consumption of this chip is significant. During the Intel XTU stress test, the general bundle TDP hits 433W. Swallow. Furthermore, there's thermal throttling despite the fact that this is while using a triple-fan AIO CPU cooler.

Most Richest Forum User

Most PG Coin

P
poojanegi
9,295 PG Coin
M
Monaliza
6,877 PG Coin
I
informupdate
5,927 PG Coin
T
Tutorials71
5,735 PG Coin
K
kishoresenthil
4,824 PG Coin
Santhoshzak
Santhoshzak
4,352 PG Coin
E
ellaarthur686
3,824 PG Coin
jaliniris
jaliniris
3,710 PG Coin
kavins
kavins
3,208 PG Coin
AbirSteve
AbirSteve
3,200 PG Coin

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.