Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy review: one of the best story-focused games of the year - with some catches

Squid

Squid

PG Coin
guardians_of_the_galaxy_4PY7Vj8.jpg

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy is a curious thing - simultaneously one of my favourite games of the year and also undeniably flawed. Super-slick presentation makes it a must-play for those who put story first, however.

Indulge me to open this review with a question and an answer. Can you talk about a video game without talking about other video games? Most of the time, I think the answer is yes - but every now and then a game comes along that simply cannot be divorced from its influences and context. Guardians of the Galaxy is one such game.

In the case of GotG, that ‘other game’ is primarily Marvel’s Avengers, last year’s prestige action and game-as-service cross-over, that was clearly lavish in expense and vision but lacking in heart and execution. Avengers hasn’t really failed, but it hasn’t exactly been the roaring success one would hope for from the world’s hottest cinema property - and that perceived failure casts a long shadow, looming large over Guardians, which - though a stand-alone game - is also functionally a follow-up - the second Marvel game from Square Enix.

Read more

Continue reading...

Most Richest Forum User

Most PG Coin

P
poojanegi
9,295 PG Coin
M
Monaliza
6,877 PG Coin
I
informupdate
5,932 PG Coin
T
Tutorials71
5,735 PG Coin
K
kishoresenthil
4,824 PG Coin
Santhoshzak
Santhoshzak
4,352 PG Coin
E
ellaarthur686
3,824 PG Coin
jaliniris
jaliniris
3,710 PG Coin
kavins
kavins
3,208 PG Coin
AbirSteve
AbirSteve
3,200 PG Coin

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.