'Transcendentally boring': the joy of job simulation games

Faceyak

Faceyak

PG Coin
From farming to trucking to bus driving, why do millions play games that replicate regular jobs in forensic detail?

There is no escape for me this time. The rear axle of my pick-up truck is wedged on a boulder protruding from the mud in the middle of a deserted backwater road in Michigan. I’ve tried to attach a winch to a nearby tree to pull myself out, but it’s not working. I will have to abandon the vehicle, fit up another and try again. This load of timber is not going to deliver itself.

I am playing Snowrunner, the latest in a series of painstakingly authentic offroad delivery simulator games in which players have to haul goods through a variety of unforgiving landscapes at speeds that would shame a garden snail. Before each trip you have to select exactly the right vehicle for the job, fit the correct tyres and work out your likely fuel consumption to the nearest millilitre. On the frozen roads of northern Alaska, there is no room for shoddy planning.

Continue reading...

Continue reading...

Most Richest Forum User

Most PG Coin

L
legitinfoblog
19,151 PG Coin
P
poojanegi
10,981 PG Coin
T
Tutorials71
8,231 PG Coin
M
Monaliza
6,962 PG Coin
I
informupdate
6,597 PG Coin
K
kishoresenthil
4,826 PG Coin
Santhoshzak
Santhoshzak
4,354 PG Coin
E
ellaarthur686
3,824 PG Coin
jaliniris
jaliniris
3,712 PG Coin
N
Niazdarold
3,473 PG Coin

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.

Today's birthdays

• R